Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Thoughts from the Temple

June 20, 2013

Hey all!

So I'm writing to you all on a Thursday (wierd)! I had to change my preparation day to today in order to go to the Temple with a lady who was baptized a year ago in San Vicente. She went to go take out her endowments and I was given permission to accompany her! It was an amazing experience. If you don't know what an endowment is...ask a Mormon! :) Or better yet, in a neighborhood near you there are two really slick guys in white shirts and ties and black name tags that would LOVE to tell you all about it!

I think something that I've been thinking about a lot lately is that being converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ just makes us better. It makes us love more, open our eyes to everything around us and seek to be the best we can be because that is what He expects of us! Like any good father, God sets goals for us, and conversion really truly is just making His goals our own and striving to meet them every day! It is promising to be better and live more! Make the most of every moment and every thing that He gives us.

A tradition of mine is to read the same scripture every time I go to the temple. I read it again today. It is found in Romans 8 and it says:

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Who are we to shrink down and say we can't? There is someone so much bigger and better than us that is on our team! I think that sums up what the gospel means to me. That I always can because HE already has and that His goals, are the best goals.

Another week gone and another ahead!

I love you all,

Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment