Monday, July 1, 2013

Week 101...almost the end.

July 1, 2013

Hola!

Here we are! Week 101 of my mission. In reality I should have three weeks left, but the way things have happened, I only have one! So crazy! It is amazing to be where I am now. It feels strange.

Here in the mission we have Mission President. He is like our boss. They serve for three years instead of two and are the guide and example to us. They really have their work cut out for them seeing as there are almost 200 of us 18 to 25 year olds under his charge. The mission President who I have served under, President Stapley, went home this last week. Usually before a missionary goes home they receive an exit interview from the mission president. I got mine early. I learned alot from him in this hour of time and was impressed that a man so humble could be so wise.

The greatest "pearl" or wisdom I received from him was this. "For the past two years you have been living every day focused on others. Trying to live your life in such a way that you can represent Jesus Christ and invite others to come unto Him. You have been molded and changed and the Lord has invested a lot in you and your progress. Now you are going home. Your focus and purpose should not change! The secret to happiness is focusing on others and helping them be successful. Being happy is being clean. Clean in thought word and deed. After all you have experienced and done, don't go back and be the same person as when you left. Be better. You ARE better. Don't go back to the same people and same things and same places that impeded your progress beforehand. Continue progressing and REMEMBER so you can always be better than before."

So...get ready. I'm gonna be a little different! A little taller, a little more handsome.... :) But mostly I feel more centered. More sure of who I am, what I believe and what I want. I'm still goofy, clumsy, and funky....some things never change, but things that were weaknesses before are now strengths. I'm so grateful for this experience that I have had to give selfless service to my God and my brothers. I have grown and changed so much as I have served. I have stretched and grown in character. In the end that is what the gospel of Jesus Christ is all about; Making bad men good, and good men better!

I have come to know for myself that God lives. That he loves us and knows us individually. I know that he answers prayers and that he has revealed his will to man and will continue to do so. That he has Prophets on the earth yet again! And that the living Prophet is Thomas S Monson. That as we follow his council we will be able to grow closer to God and be protected from the dangers of today! That God has restored his truth, his priesthood, and his church again on the earth to bring about the immortality and eternal life of his children. I know the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, the atonement, knows no bounds. That he can heal any wound, right any wrong, and change any man for the better if only they will believe and FOLLOW him. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. As I read it I feel a fortifying peace in my life that pushes me to be better and never give in to the temptations that present themselves. I know that as we base our lives in Christ our families will be protected and strengthened, and that one day we can be blessed to live with them for Eternity. God lives. He loves us. This is His church. I hope to live in such a way that I have no regrets and will one day stand before Him and recognize Him as my Savior and Redeemer. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I am so grateful to all of you for supporting me. I have felt the support of your prayers and wish I could repay you. I love you all so much!

Love,

Elder Cameron Mark Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment