Monday, June 3, 2013

¡Heá! ¡Andá loco!

May 27, 2013

Hey all,

First things first! I'm so pround of you Chloe for graduating! I wan't sure if you were gonna make it but I'm glad you did! :) Haha! You are a great girl! So amazed that God loved me so much to curse me with such a great sister! :) Love you so much Chloe!

This last week has been a great time of reflection for me. Something that I've seen is the value of living my life with a direction and a goal. In the book "Preach my Gospel" the manual for missionary work, it says "our goals reflect the desires of our hearts." That has proven true time and time again. As missionaries we set goals for every day, week, month, year, and mission! We plan activities for literally every minute of every day from the moment we wake up till the moment we fall into our beds exhausted! And all that because we have a super desire to do our very best and to maximize our time so it can be 100% efficient! I realize now how short two years really are! It passes by so fast!

As I inch closer and closer to the "end" of my mission I see the completion of so many goals that I have placed before me and find myself changed and improved! And yet at the same time, I find myself with less and less goals and less and less direction! So this week I've been thinking, "What now? Where do I go?" It is a strange place to be after having my goals so clear for so long. Now when I have the opportunity to set my own goals I find myself a little lost. I wish I had some profound way of ending this email that shows that I've found out what all my goals will be for the next bit in my life, but I'm still in that phase of seeking and thinking. One thing has come to mind though in all this. It is a SUPER scripture that is SUPER well known. " If any of ye lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not, and it shall be given him." That is where I'm at now. If anyone knows what my goals should be I believe God does. I think he is waiting for me to propose a plan though. We'll see where this goes. If there is one thing I know though, it is that God will answer my prayers. Whether I get the answer or not just depends on how hard I listen.

Love you all so much,

Elder Andeson

No comments:

Post a Comment