Saturday, March 3, 2012

Las Fotos!!!!

Las Fotos!!!!

Hey All! Finally we got some picture action going. Turns out technology is a little behind here and some of the computers don't have that capability yet....wow. But finally the day has come! 

This week in San Vicente has been pretty good. Lots of heat, humidity and then heavy heavy rain with winds and just craziness. It is really awesome except for the fact that it literally destroys the houses here made out of chapa or corrugated metal. The people here are really afraid of rain for this reason. If it is going to rain they won't go or do anything. Something really foreign to me...turns out I'm in a foreign country. Makes sense don't it! I've noticed too that as my Spanish is improving my English (especially grammar and spelling) is going down the tubes. Oh well! Can't have it all!

All week long I’ve been struggling with a pretty heavy sinus infection and pneumonia. No worries though! I talked with the pharmacist and I'm gonna get all kinds of cheap Argentine drugs to cure me!  That is how it works here. You can waltz into the pharmacy and say "Hey, I’ve got a sore throat and cough up boogers the size of Texas that are green and nasty." Then they say...."mmmmm, you need this box. Take one pill every day. That'll be 40 pesos." And then you are healed! Amazing! Who needs doctors when you have a good pharmacist!  Some things are really backwards here.

We've been working really hard and found a bunch of good people to work with. We've been focusing a lot on repentance with them and have seen a lot of progress. I've realized that repentance is so important. You can see through my emails that it is kind of an ongoing theme with me. I found an Awesome scripture in Alma 19:33 that says

 And it came to pass that when Ammon arose he also administered unto them, and also did all the servants of Lamoni; and they did all declare unto the people the selfsame thing—that their hearts had been changed; that they had no more desire to do evil.

I love that repentance comes when we make up our minds and change our desires. That we have no more desires to do evil but to do good continually. I'm repenting more and more everyday. I've got a long way to go still, but it is possible to change! Difficult but possible.

I love you so much and think about you often! Keep praying for missionaries! We need it! And as far as I know there were no missionaries in the train accident. We are all good here in Buenos Aires!

I love you All,

Elder Cam


















No comments:

Post a Comment