Friday, February 24, 2012

Rain + mud + puddles + white shirts and ties = a lot of time scrubbing out stains with a bar of soap

February 20, 2012

Whelp everyone, the deal is that all the computers in Argentina are agran porqueria. So yet again you are left without pictures and only with my poorly written but heartfelt email. This week has been a lot of slogging through rain and mud and ornery people. It is interesting.  Sometimes the people reflect the weather. That was the case this week. Really humid and heavy and hot and then rainy and then more humid. Imagine how the people were....Had a pretty good week though with a lot of little successes and triumphs, nothing huge but things like, almost getting hit by a collective on my bike but not quite. Really simple things like that.

I've realized that I've gotten pretty quiet on the mission. At the start because I had no idea what was going on and didn't understand anything. Now because I've had companions that talk nonstop. Good or bad, depending on my mood. But I've also become a really good listener.  Something good that has come from all this silence is that I'm starting to really understand people. Why the way they are and why they say what they say and why they do what they do. We are all so different and unique but at the same time we all want the same things and in the end just want to be happy. Amazing that all we really want is to be happy.
 There is an awesome scripture in Alma 41:10

Do not suppose, because it has been spoken concerning restoration, that ye shall be restored from sin to happiness. Behold, I say unto you, wickedness never was happiness.

The way to find happiness is super simple. I listen to a lot of people that have so many problems and I have the recurring thought, “If we obey the commandments, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. We would have avoided this situation completely." I think the true test of humility is recognizing that God knows best and that when we follow his rules we are happier. But don't trust me! Try it out yourself! :)

Overall, I myself am doing well. I'm weighing in at 70 kilos and I think I might be a little taller too! Happy and healthy. Doing really well and growing a lot. One week and I turn 7 months old in missionary time! So crazy! Time flies!

Love you all. Keep on keepin on,

Elder Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment