Friday, February 3, 2012

6 months and the start of a new translado!

Hey all!

Another awesome week in San Vicente. We worked really hard and nearly died of heat stroke. It was so hot and humid this week. Hopefully by the end of this month it will start to cool off. We visited A LOT of people and really saw two big things this week. People stop doing things for two reasons, they are lazy or they get offended. I realized that a lot of people when they ask them why they don't go to church or pray or spend time with their family they say, "I was tired" or "the church is far away" or " it was going to rain and I was going to get wet walking to the church." I've realized nothing bothers me more than people that don't keep BIG COMMITMENTS because "they are tired." Sorry. Had to get that off my chest.  Just a little pet peeve that I have.

Some big changes took place! My companion Elder Cayata is gone and I have a new one from Uruguay! His name is Elder Prantl. He seems like a really good hard worker and we are going to do good things in San Vicente. We are gonna try and make some big changes. It'll be really good. We went to the transfer meeting, or the meeting where all the Elders that are getting new companions or transferring to another area go to meet up and listen to a "pep talk" from President Stapley. All the missionaries that are leaving stand up and give testimony and the theme that comes up everytime found in Mosiah 2:17

 And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.

It is true. Service is the number one way to cure any personal problem that we have. You want help from God or to improve your circumstances? Go find someone that needs you and do something for them and I can promise that your problem will be resolved or not seem all that big and grave after.
God loves us so much! Look for opportunities to serve him by serving others and you will begin to see just how far his arms reach and how much he does for us day by day. It really is amazing!

Love

Elder Cam

P.S. Sorry no pictures this week. My camera takes pictures fine but when I plug it into the computer it doesn't work to transfer pictures to emails. I'll try and solve that problem soon. Love you and rest assured that I am taking pictures!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Elder Anderson,
    First off I have to say getting on your blog is sooo much easier than I thought it would be!! I am a bit of an amateur when it comes to computers! lol! I agree with what you said about service being the number one way to cure any personal problem. Find someone that needs you! I really believe he wants us to be here for each other, I have opportunity at my job where I get to talk to people on a daily basis and at times have gotten to share my testimony
    because of something in their life they are sharing with me. I love helping people !! It is so great to hear how you are doing, I can tell you love being a missionary love the people! I can only imagine how much the people there love you and feel so blessed to have you as their missionary, I know they feel God's love through you no doubt !
    Sandy Ostler

    ReplyDelete