Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happy Birthday.....to me!

Hey Everyone!


So i am almost 20 years old!!!!  I can hardly believe it!  I feel like a little kid still!  I don't feel resposible enough to be called an adult and live on my own and stuff.  It really is crazy what I am doing when I stop and think about it. I am living in a foreign country, with a bunch of other foreigners, teaching people about Jesus....cool.  I love my life!  So I guess it is ok that I am growing up as long as i get to keep having cool experiences like this!

So my biggest and best birthday present this transfer has been my new companion! His name is Elder Phillips.  He is from Huntington Beach, California and is a BOSS!  He is a way hard worker and is stoked to be here!  He has been in Provo, Utah for the past month waiting for his visa.  He got here on Tuesday and his first experience was riding the train and buses back to our house for over two hours.  He loved that (insert sarcasm here).  We were smashed up against the wall and other people and just packed into these train carts with all his luggage.  He is getting used to Argentina fast!  I introduced him to the pizza and alfajors and everything though so we ended the day well.  He is struggling with his Spanish, but so does everybody.  I remember when I arrived and I was just frustrated all the time.  I try to remind him all the time that he'll get it with time and practice.  I didn't like to hear that when I got here either though....I get what he is going through.  That is kinda cool. 

So I have been thinking about my dear old dad a lot this last week because Father's day is coming up.  I think alot about how we are like Nefi and Lehi.  We are both super cool and righteous and stuff like them...hahaha!  But seriously, I was reading in 1 Nefi 11 this week and it impressed me that Nefi always wanted to know the things that his father knew.  I feel like that sometimes in my life.  I just want to be like my Dad and know what he knows and do what he did.  It is really rewarding to be a missionary and follow in my father's footsteps.  It is really cool to think "my dad did the exact same thing!"  So happy Father's Day dad!  I miss you and pray for you a bunch.  I realize, being so far from my family, how much they mean to me.  I really love them and they are more important to me than wanything else in the world.  And that is why I am here.  To help other people to have the same that a had growing up!  It is a huge blessing!

Welp, I love you all so much!  I am doing well and feel happy and healthy!  I'm coming up on 11 months in my mission fast!  It goes so fast!

Love,


Elder Cam

P.s. Happy birthday to Aunt Amanda and Marie too. You are special! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment