Monday, April 16, 2012

Hey vos! Que tal eh?

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡HOLA!!!!!

April 16, 2012

Que tal eh? Another beautiful week here in San Vicente Buenos Aires Argentina. It really was a great week! We worked hard and saw some serious results! It is very satisfying when things work out like that.
Before anything else, I failed to recognize that my Grandma Joan had a birthday last week! I love you Grandma!!!!

Me personally, Elder Cameron Mark Anderson, am doing quite well. I am healthy (almost), happy (very), and just super grateful to be where I am doing what I am doing. We found some great people this week. A couple families that are just happy and normal and looking to be good strong Christians. We taught a couple named Lisa and Dan and the whole time she just had big eyes and kept saying, "Wow! It is true isn't it! I've been looking for this!" I wanted to cry I was so darn happy! It is amazing when people actually test the promises in the Book of Mormon and this gospel. We talk with TONS of people every week and the question we always ask is, "Did you read the Book of Mormon?" Generally the response is, "I didn't have time, I was really tired." But when they say yes and they ask God with real intent wanting to know and willing to follow the response, they get answers! God actually responds to prayers! That for me is a miracle. Alot of times, I feel so small. The world is so big and there are so many more people that sometimes I doubt that I am important. That I matter. But then God answers MY prayer. He helps me with MY needs that are specific to ME! That to me is amazing. That I matter to Him. It is something I've learned through alot of prayer, alot of scripture study and alot of obeying the commandments and repenting when I screw up. All we do as missionaries is invite people to do the same! We teach a little and provide the "tools", but more than that we just invite. Kinda cool.

Some fun things that happened this last week. The trains and bus lines are getting cut due to riots. Always an adventure. A part of Buenos Aires has been without Electricity and Gas and Water for a week now. Anarchy is reigning over there right now. No worries, all the Elders are safe and pulled out of there. I was walking down the street and a "friendly fellow" cast the demons out of me...I think he missed a few.  I rode in a car for the first time in 5 months, and I went running for the first time in 6 months! It was awesome!!! So ya! Healthy and happy! Hope you all are doing great!

Love,

Elder Cam






No comments:

Post a Comment