Wednesday, April 4, 2012

8 Months Already

Hey everyone!

Long time since I've written. Sorry about that. It's been pretty crazy lately. But I am doing great and am happy. I have recently turned 8 months old in the mission. That is one third of this experience gone! It is flying by faster than I can comprehend. It is a finite amount of time I am starting to recognize. In my absence of writing I've kinda missed some really big events in all of your lives...so I'm going to take this opportunity now to recognize those.

My Aunt Millie and Bev had birthdays! Hope you are doing awesome and don't feel too old! Just in case I'm buying you both walkers. They are really cheap down here!! Just Kidding! I love you both. Hope you had a happy birthday. Here is a big old Argentine-beso coming your way!

Also my Grandparents Cornelius have now been officially married since forever! So awesome! You are great examples to all of us of love and commitment. Thank you so much and happy anniversary!

Oh ya! And Uncle Butch, Happy Birthday to you too! I'd send you a beso too but that is less culturally acceptable in the states. Here it is more than OK though. So you get a beso too... :)

I'm still in my favorite town of San Vicente and loving life. Some highlights of the past couple weeks would be alot alot of rain and visiting the hospital and experiencing care for the first time from Argentine Health Services. It was a surprisingly good visit and now everything is A-OK. Don't worry, my Dad already leaked the news (which he wasn't supposed to do!) to my Mom. I'm doing great now so no worries.

We've also seen alot of Baptisms here in San-V in the last few weeks. It is beautiful to see people making big changes in their lives and coming unto Christ. I'm sure all of you that read this know a Mormon, and the lifestyle is not the easiest in the world. It requires alot of work and being different. There is a reason why not everyone is Mormon. It is not the easiest thing in the world! You have to commit. If there is one thing I have learned from my mission, it is that people are afraid of commitment, but when they make the decision to actually do it, it changes their lives forever and they are different. I'll let you be the judges if it is a good or bad different. Judge by the Mormons you know and the kind of people they are. I think it is a good difference just for the record.

 Last would be the General Conference where we had the opportunity to hear from the Prophet. He is truly called of God. You can see it in his face and hear it in his voice and feel it wash over you. I encourage all of you to take the time and listen to one of his talks that he gave in the past conference. He is an amazing person inspired by God to lead this Church. His Church. The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints.

A quick thought from Pres. Monson: You can't be right doing wrong. You can't be wrong doing right.
I love you all so much. God loves you more. I know that. If you don't know that I challenge you to study it out in your mind and ask Him if it is true. Take a leap of faith!

I just read this email over and it is kinda sassy! Oh well! I love you all so much! I pray for you always.

Love,

Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment