Monday, November 7, 2011

The Lord is My Shepherd, I Will Not Want

Nov. 3, 2011

Hey All!
Sorry I'm writing so late this week. We had translados or transfers which is when everybody gets switched around. Me and Elder Hope are holding down the fort here in Avellaneda for at least another 6 weeks though. I am really starting to love this place. At first it was just bien, but now...it is re bien!!!!! I love Avellaneda!! Some big things this week. Grandpa Miller has passed and that has been kinda hard for me not being able to be with all of you. But it is Ok cause we all know we get to see him again. What a beautiful truth. I was actually studying that this morning in Alma 40 and 41 before I even knew that he had passed. We are so blessed to have such a clear knowledge of the life after this. It makes death bearable. I know I WILL see Grandpa again and he will be perfect. Not a hair on his bald head will be lost!
This week has been a good one here. It is starting to get hot and I am trying to guess more and more the temperature in Celsius but I'm always 5 or 6 degrees off so I think I'll just stick to what I know and say it was really hot and I got a real good sunburn. But such is life! Some crazy things I've encountered this week are in the pictures. A scuba diving Nestor Kirchner and A......
We have had a really hard time lately finding people to teach but this week we found a family that had been inactive or not going to church for three or four years. We got talking and it turns out they lived in Denver. What is crazier than that is that they went to church IN THE DENVER 1ST WARD!!!!! So crazy!!!!! We talked about a bunch of people we knew and it was really crazy!! They have a little girl who is 8 years old who is going to get baptized and we are teaching her right now. She loves the Book of Mormon and when we gave her her very own copy it was like Christmas!! She was just beaming and hugging her book. It was cool to see someone so excited about being baptized! 
My message is something that struck me while I was thinking about Grandpa Miller. Psalms 23 is one of the most beautiful passages of scripture I know of. The Lord is my shepherd and I shall not want, he leadeth me beside the still waters. And as Grandpa would say¨"Everything is terrific." Take a moment this week to just be still and pray and know that God is there- because He is. "Ask and you shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you." Matthew 7: 7-8, Doctrine and Covenants 4.
Another big thing this week is that My Uncle Cole turned 40. You are old. Dang. I still love you though. No worries.
Todo aqui es tranquilo. Me encanta la obra misional.
I love you all. My heart goes out to all the Andersons and Millers especially this week. I love you so much and am so glad that we are an eternal family.
Love,
Elder Cam


The pictures below were attached to Cameron's email this week, but he didn't really say what they were all about.  You can see he's having fun though!  









No comments:

Post a Comment