Monday, September 24, 2012

Por fin! Una carta de verdad! Que trucho que han sido! :)

Hey all!

Another week here in Luis Gillon! I have already been here for three whole weeks! Time really does truly fly! I can't believe it. This week we had a really really funny experience. We were trying to find a family that had requested that we pass for their house. We knocked the door and it turns out that they are not the same family. So my Companion asks the young man if he had ever talked with missionaries before. The guy looked at him confused. Something to know about my companion is that he has a very thick American accent when he speaks Castellano and so most people have a hard time understanding him. My companion asked him again if he had ever talked with missionaries and he replied back, "Do I want to talk to you guys? Well I guess so...I've never talked with you guys before!" My companion and I just stared at him. We had no idea what was going on at that point. He looked at us and said "Well are you gonna come in or what?" We laughed and went in and had a great talk with him and his wife. They are a great couple and are very excited to get to know them and teach them the gospel. Now my companion can never remember his name. He always calls him Sanchez and his name is Ramón. Not even close!!!! :) Makes me laugh. The small things in life like that keep me smiling and keep me going.

I've realized that these last few weeks have been really difficult for me and yet I feel like I am where I need to be doing what I need to be doing. Seeing people change and smile and laugh and have hope because they learn more of the gospel is the most satisfying experience. I've learned that I am most satisfied when I don't think in myself and think in others. That my problems seem very small and that the generally resolve themselves when I do my part and then try to focus on others and lifting them. It is hard to be down on yourself when you are teaching such things as that the family can be forever. That God loves us and knows us, and that he wants us to come unto him to be lifted and changed. He wants the best for us. He really does. It makes me so happy to know and teach that! Shall we not go on in so great a cause?

I am doing well and watching time fly by. Scares me.

Also Happy birthday to Madeline (sorry, a little late) and to My Nana Olivia! I love you both so much! My birthday gift to you is a beso and I'll eat some steak and pasta for you! :)

Love,
Elder Anderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment