Monday, September 24, 2012

Hi!



Hey All!

This week has one word! TEMPLE! The temple of Buenos Aires was rededicated and it was amazing! It is something that you cannot describe. PLUS I don't have time.... :) But I love you all and I'm sure my mom will cut and paste something from the email I sent her! Wink wink nod nod mom!

Love,
Elder Anderson

Part of a letter to his mom:
 


I have thought of all of you soo much this week as I have been so connected with the temple and Rededication. It was a moment for me to recognize that now is a time for me to rededicate myself to the Lord as well. Refocus and really do EVERYTHING I can to be worthy of his blessing and his trust.
Through all the course of events I have had my testimony so strengthened in the thoughts that we are childern of God and that he loves us. That the priesthood is real and has power over ALL things, and that the light overcomes all darkness. That families can be together forever if we do our part and endure to the end. That repentance is real and means not only not doing bad things but replacing them with very good things.

It is an amazing time to be a missionary here in Buenos Aires. I have come to feel like I am one of the people and that I belong here. As scary as I'm sure that is for you to hear! :) I love these people so much and I feel like I am one of them. That they are my people. I don't think I've loved so much for people I don't really know in my entire life. I love them so much!

Friday we were able to listen to President Eyring. All the missionaries in Buenos Aires, over 600 all went to Ramos Mejia in the West Mission and he held a fireside with Elder Ballard and Elder Christofferson. It was amazing and the spirit was so strong there. He said something that made me remember you. He said "Smile! Be happy! God wants you to have joy! On top of that, who will listen to you if you look sad and tired! I promise that if you smile more, you will BE happier!" That is something that I remember you told me a while ago and thought...."interesting that Mom and Elder Eyring recieved the same bit of revelation. Must be true!" It made me SMILE and think of you.

Saturday we spent the day in the Soccor Stadium of a team called Independientes. It is in Avellaneda where I started my mission and was strange to go back. A very cool experience. Once again ALL the missionaries were there and it was fun to see many that I hadn't seen in a long time and see some from the MTC in other missions.

Sunday, yesterday we went to the dedication. I cannot describe the spirit I felt and the LOVE that was so strongly felt. God loves his children! President Eyring said something that made me cry because it was something that I had felt before. He gave his testimony and said, "Your descendents were the people that greated Christ the first time he came to the Americas. Those are they that bathed his feet with their tears and kisses. I see in your eyes that you are the same type of people. That you will be those that will greet him at his second coming." I feel that very often in my interactions with these people. They have a profound love for their Savior. They really come to know him. And when he comes, they will already recognize him and he will recognize them.


No comments:

Post a Comment